Sunday, November 09, 2008

Yesterday was Just Another Day....

I've been informed repeatedly that I do not fully understand or appreciate the enormity of yesterday's football game-that this will be one of those games that will go down in history. That people will be talking about this game for years and years to come. I get it, I just don't particularly care all that much. All I do know is this:
-I got an incoherent phone call from my husband during the game where he screamed and laughed into the phone and I didn't understand a word he said.
-my husband came home smelling like beer (from being spilled on) and with no voice (from all the screaming) At least that's what he said happened. And he was giddy. I mean like, GIDDY!
-my oldest was just about as excited as his father and didn't want to leave the game early like they'd planned. And it's a mighty good thing they didn't!
-when I went to pick them up downtown, I was offered $4 to drive two guys across the river (which I turned down.)
-Hawkeye fans are nuts - we saw a guy in a pumpkin costume, painted bare chests, and people coming right up to our car window hootin' and hollerin'.

I'm just happy that they had a good time, got to spend some quality guy time together, (poor Sam was bummed - he told Grandma and Grandpa today, "There were only two tickets.") and that they took some PICTURES!










4 comments:

Laura said...

DUDE! I can't believe you passed up 4 bucks! You can get alot of stuff at Goodwill for $4!!! Just kidding. My husband and son are still glowing. They locked arms and went down on the field and got jostled around. Apparently, it was the best day of his life!

Connie said...

Jill, don't you feel like there is a big void in your life? If so, maybe it's Hawkeye football! Get with it! The season is almost over for crying out loud!!!

Jen Essington said...

wow, that video is insane! sweet.

Shelly said...

damon, thanks for the memory of what its like to be a hawkeye. we are proud here in the longhorn state. texans really like us now!and really jill 4 bucks wow what a deal you could have got.