Thursday, April 30, 2009

For Emily

A couple of weekends ago we took the two older boys to the Rock and Worship Roadshow. There was an awesome line up of bands, culminating with our favorite: Mercy Me. (If you've never been to their blog, go. Their "Cover Tune Grab Bags" are hilarious!) I took a lot of pictures and videos, none of which are great. But in light of my sister's post today on missing on our Dad, I just HAD to post this:


This song had been in my heart and head a lot ever since I first heard it. Even more so after the concert. It was only recently replaced by the endless stream of Jonas Brothers that I've been literally hearing in my sleep. Now it's back to "Finally Make it Home" - a much better place to be! Here's the official video with the military homecoming footage - it was a tear jerker at the concert and it's STILL a tear jerker!

0 comments: