Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A New Dining Room Table! (Finally)

Yesterday Damon took the day off so we could go dining room table shopping around Cedar Rapids while the older two were in school. We've been without a dining room table since April when this happened. It was hard finding something we liked that was practical (seat cushions would get stained, dark wood shows every little scratch) and that we could AFFORD! We started out at Bills Brothers, hit a bunch of other places, and ended up back there to buy this guy:
We had barely enough time, but managed to get home with the table in a flat box, and 6 chairs assembled in the van. Max didn't like being boxed in too much - he cried all the way home and finally fell asleep when we hit IC. Got in to town right at 3! Now I'm thinking about what would look good on the new table...placemats?....a fun centerpiece?...for now I've got this bowl we got as a wedding present but rarely use and the leaf runner I had on our old table.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Oh, wow, I love it.

codi said...

I love it! Looks great in the dining room. I have been known to roll in mere minutes before I am supposed to pick up someone, etc., so I am feelin' ya! Glad you made it!

Shelly said...

beeeauuuutiful!!