Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Baby News!


Those of you who I regularly talk to already know our good news: We are having a baby! Those same people have been wondering why I have yet to blog about it, or about anything at all. Mostly it's because I haven't been feeling all that great, have no creative energy, and honestly, I'm having a hard time finding the cuteness in my kids that I know of course is still there, but I'm not in a very "funny" mood these days! So since we're having a snow day today and I'm looking for an excuse to escape my kids, I'm down on the computer! I am 10 weeks along as of yesterday. Hopefully I'll be through the yucky first trimester stuff soon! From this ultrasound done at week 7, we could see the heartbeat! There are two tiny white crosses within the black jellybean that measure the baby "head to tail" at 11 mm! That's a grain of rice! (The black "jellybean" is the sac.) Of course 3 weeks later, the baby has grown quite a bit, but is still tiny!
The boys seem excited but it's hard to maintain that level until October when we are due. They are excited about getting bunkbeds. Sam always asks me, "Mom, you have a baby in your heart?" Because that's how we talk about Jesus. Then he'll say, "I have Jesus in my heart and you have a baby in your heart!" Will has taken full credit for naming Sam, (which he did not) and has offered to name this baby because he's so good at it. He has not however come up with any candidates yet. Will is also excited about the possibility of spending the night at his cousins' house. I just told him we'll have to wait and see. He hopes that it is a girl, but Sam doesn't really seem to care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am curious to see what names Will will come up with. That could be really interesting! Hope you are feeling well soon. Hugs and kisses for Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

yes, I agree, you should keep a log on your blog of baby names. (hey, Im a poet and I didnt even know it!) Im sure he will come up with some doozies.

Shadley said...

Jill, don't laugh at Will naming the baby! My sister (age 3) named me! I know, I know, she named me "Shadley" but its not that bad....

Congrats!