Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lemme Photographer

Today I was the official Lemme Yearbook Photographer. And yes, I just now bestowed that title upon myself. I took the kids up to the school today during lunch recess to try to capture as many faces as I could for the Lemme Yearbook. This is what greeted me:
I took about 115 pictures and most of them are great! I'm really happy with my new camera although I'm still learning! I actually got the neck strap on today. No small feat for me. Now if I just had a lens cap.... ahem.

I spent the first 5 minutes of recess going back home to get my camera, which I forgot laying on the stairs. grrr. So by the time we got back, the older kids recess was almost over. They only get about 15 minutes. So I didn't get as many pics of the older kids as I would like, although I did manage to get one of Smiley up there!

We're all doing good here, finally, after another nasty stomach bug took out Max, then Damon, then Sam. Poor boys. Sunday night was an awful blur of tending to sick people every 45 minutes from midnight til about 7 am. It was bad. I felt that nasty bug breathing down me and Will's neck, but somehow we managed to escape it - so far anyway. It was a good thing we had Monday off for President's Day to recooperate. Well, Damon didn't, he took a sick day. All are well today - although their appetites are not quite back - and that's what's important.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm really thinking this pic needs to be on the front cover of the Lemme Yearbook. Can we make that happen?? Also, if you want your lenscap back we're going to need to have a complex dropoff/handoff plan in place because I'm not coming within 2 inches of your germhouse. No offense.

Connie said...

Hey. drop with me at school, pick up with me at school. Come on, girls, it's really not that complicated. hahaha Great shot of Will. But back to the lens cap - get that puppy on before you scratch your lens, that would make your dad cry, even in heaven!