Friday, March 27, 2009

Unexpected Dessert

We went to Texas Roadhouse tonight. The boys were just horrible in the car on the way there. After a big lecture, they were actually really well behaved in the restaurant. Our waitress told us that the girl at the table next to us was celebrating her birthday, but didn't want her dessert, and would our boys want it instead. OF COURSE! (and I politely refrained from saying, 'What about me?!' and figured correctly that I could always sneak some bites for myself.) When I explained to the boys what was going to happen they seemed a bit confused, and totally amazed that a complete stranger would give up their birthday dessert. I told them that maybe they saw that they were being such good boys. Sam said, "she's showing us God's love!" And really, what says God loves you more that unexpected and undeserved free dessert?! When they brought us the ice cream sundae, we all turned around and wished the girl a happy birthday and told her thanks. The boys went on and on about how this was the best night. When we left we made sure each boy said thanks again, and wished her happy birthday. It was a great night!

0 comments: