Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday of our Vacation

We spent the afternoon at the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum. There was a short movie called The Star of Destiny with moving sets, sound and lighting effects, and other surprising things like wind, smoke and shaking seats. I admit that I might have screamed out loud when a rattle snake pounced in the movie and the seat under my legs jabbed me in the back of the thighs.
Here we are waiting for the show to start. There always has to be one person who ruins a perfectly nice picture (taken by a 5 year old.)

Sweet Madison





I swear we had this calculator when I was a kid. Go Texas Instruments!


Vintage postcards caught my eye:


In the lobby there's a really cool floor depicting different scenes from Texas history. Guess the museum wore Shelly out....actually I think she was trying to entertain the kids while we waited for Damon. Above us was a very cool ceiling - open 3 stories.


Max was tired out. He was lucky enough to score a ride from his cousin Dillon. He just rested his chin right on the top of Dillon's head! So sweet!

There is a big star statue outside.
hmm....that star sure does look awfully familiar. It's like I've seen it somewhere before.........it's like I know that star, and it knows me....it's like me and that star have some kind of intimate history or something....

0 comments: