Sunday, August 23, 2009

An Anniversary Surprise


For all of you non facebook users, Damon surprised me by posting a bunch of our WEDDING pictures on his facebook, and then waited for me to find them - as he knew I would! For any of you who know of my love for facebook, you KNOW how special a surprise this was to me! So if any of you have not yet seen some terribly funny and bad wedding pictures, you may follow this link to view them. You do not need to be a facebook user to view them. (Clicking on each picture will bring it up bigger.)

The thing about these pictures is that they've been rarely viewed. We got married 3 short months after my dad unexpectedly passed away and we were all in a kind of a daze. Although these moments were celebratory, they were also so very raw and bittersweet, and even still, a bit hard to look at. I still feel bad about the fact that I never ordered a single picture, although I had orders from various family members, I just didn't want to deal with it. And then after time had gone by, it seemed less and less important, so I just let it go. So these are all proofs. So see? We do have 'proof' we did tie the knot - even though I hardly remember a thing about the day. Looking at the pictures, for the first in over 10 years, I laughed, I cried...and you just might too!

Happy 12th anniversary Damon, I love you!

4 comments:

laura b. said...

I'm a little embarassed that I recognized the 1st Ave. Club from the one time I went there in junior high.

Shelly said...

Totally Awesome Anniversary Surprise! Love them! Thanks for sharing. I think everyone looks, um, young, I guess would be the correct word. And hairy. And skinny. heehee Good times.

Laura said...

Shelly- yes....hairy is an appropriate word.

Sheila said...

I looked at the photos differently, knowing that you had just lost your dad. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been. I can't tell you how many times you and your sisters and mom have encouraged me....just knowing that life does go on and there are still good times to be had. thank you for sharing these with us :)