Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School!

The kids are off to school today! I can't believe we have a 4th grader and a kindergartner. It makes me feel old! I had one excited kid, and one who pretended he wasn't. Any guesses as to who was who?


There! That's better!
Did you notice the new tie-dyed Lemme t-shirts?! pretty snazzy huh?

Walking to school:


Standing in line:

Mrs. Saehler - one of the best kindergarten teachers anywhere - had us say goodbye outside - wise advice.
There wasn't even any criers!
I hope that he gets through the lunch line ok. I hope he doesn't go around wearing his lunch on his face all afternoon. I hope he speaks up and tells someone if he needs to go to the bathroom. I hope he makes a friend. I hope he doesn't actually fall asleep during rest time. I hope he has fun. I hope he's not worried because (as he put it) "but I don't know how to read yet.'
(sigh...) Now what?!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I totally thought those shirts said, "Lemme Leotards."

And I was like, "Wow...you gotta have a lotta confidence to run around with that on your shirt."

Laura said...

I would LOVE to see the boys in Lemme leotards...that would be awesome! I love the first pic...its my favorite. It says a 1,000 words! Jackson says he's glad I didn't walk behind him taking pics and stand in line behind him and take his pic, etc. etc. He likes to give you a hard time...

codi said...

Your boys are so precious. I love the first pic, too. And I can't believe Max is two already! Love the pics of him, as well. Hope they have a great school year-I wonder if Max will miss them or just enjoy having you all to himself:) Josie still varies on that from day to day. miss you