Friday, January 19, 2007

Cute Samness

Tonight we went to El Ranchero for dinner. (Yum!) Sam was being quite cute. He was busily eating his chicken nuggets and french fries (yes, I know, not your typical mexican food) when out of the blue he held up his hand like a stop sign, and said this, "Stop doing wrong, and be good." Then he said to himself, "Let's do it altogether for God." (which I'm guessing is what his teacher says!) and then he repeated, "Stop doing wrong, and be good." I asked him where he'd learned that, and he said at church. Not sure if that was a Sunday school thing, or a Wednesday morning thing while I'm at Hearts in Touch. But let me tell you it was pretty darn cute. THEN..... we saw Will's teacher at the restaurant. She came up to our table and Sam just snuggled right up to her and gave her a big hug! It was very cute. I think she was surprised and pleased that he did that. THEN....we were using the whole reverse psychology thing on Sam to get him to take his clothes off by himself for his bath. I said "oh no, he can't do it, he's just little, he's my little baby." To which of course he wants to prove me wrong. Works every time..........for now! He was all like, "No, I'm a big boy, I'm going to be a big Daddy." I said I liked it when my boys stayed little and I could hug them and rock them and change their diapers and give them their bottles, to which Sam said, "You can go to Lily's house and kiss Lily." So, ok then, maybe I will!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like kisses!

Anonymous said...

Sam is big and Lily is the only little one--try to remember that, mom. :)