Wednesday, April 04, 2007

DANGER MOUSE

This is the song that's running through my head these days - incessantly! We rented this DVD from the library, and the kids love it! Damon and I used to watch this on Nickelodeon as kids, and it's not as great as I remembered. In fact, it's pretty lame. But the intro rocks! Does anyone else remember this cartoon - it was a british spy thing? There was Danger Mouse of course, and his hamster sidekick Ernest Penfold. Then there was Colonel K - a walrus who was the head of the british secret service. There were various bad guys including an evil toad named Baron Silas Greenback, who had a fuzzy pet caterpillar named Nero. The good news is it goes back to the library tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

vague recognition. Its just not like you to remember something about our childhood and me not!

Anonymous said...

I will make sure Gretchen rings in on this one....I am pretty sure that this is something she enjoyed and I mocked her for. I am almost certain that I recognize that extremely LAME theme song.

Anonymous said...

The evil toad! Baron Silas Greenback! Yes! When I read that it was like total De-ja'vu!!! Danger Mouse is one of the all time greatest cartoons ever made! I am so jealous that your library has it!! I'll have to talk to our children's librarian and get her on that! He rocks. And yes, Carrie mocked me regularly for watching it cause I was like 13 when it was popular, and I still loved it! Danger Mouse lives!