Monday, April 30, 2007

Baby Update

Went to the doctor last Thursday, and got to hear the baby's heartbeat once again. It was in the 150's - what does that mean? I'm now at 17 weeks. I had a little set back (mentally) when I went to the doctor at 13 weeks. For some odd reason, I thought that I was then at 16 weeks and was sorely discouraged to realize that I was only at 13. Yeah, I know, I know, nobody's keeping track. BUT I AM!!! This whole being pregnant thing is taking forever! Will asked me the other day, "How many years until the baby comes?" So I'm not the only one feeling time drag. I should be thankful I'm not an elephant. I'd never survive being pregnant for 22 months. I'm seriously not doing this again. I'm way too old, way too fat, way too cranky, way too uncomfortable. And yes I realize it's only going to get worse. On a positive note, we set up our ultrasound for next time! May 25, we'll hopefully find out if this sucker is a boy or a girl.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I'm glad that you're both doing well. I mean physically well--I know that mentally it takes a toll. But, you are nearing the 1/2 way point. You should plan a little girls lunch to cheer you up. Have some fancy food and celebrate!

p.s. I will put $5 on "It's A Boy." (sorry, I hope that doesn't anger you)

THE BROWN BOYS said...

not at all! I think i'd actually be relieved if it was a boy. for some reason I'm worried I'd pass along all my "issues" to a girl. I really have no idea what's a cookin' in there. the only things that have been very different are that i've got teenage acne all across my forehead, which I never did with the other two pregnancies, and my hair has turned wavier, it's always usually very straight, and the amount of getting sick (even still occasionally) has been a lot more. none of that means anything, as much as people try to read into it!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it!! Gretchen and I both got wavy hair after our kids were born! Do you think it's an "after the girl" thing? Don't get real excited though, ours is not nice and curly, just lame and kinda wavy. Takes extra time to blow it out!

Interesting......

Anonymous said...

Carrie, Don wants to take you up on the $5 bet. He's been praying for the Brown Baby Girl everyday.

Anonymous said...

You got it, Don. It's a bet.

Meghan said...

Hey Jill-So glad all is well. I know when I was in labor, they told me it was a boy because of the heart rate...I guess the boys have a higher heart rate than the girls...but that's not to say it can't be a girl:)

Shadley said...

I can also attest to the "lame and kinda wavy" hair phenomenon...and I have two girls!! Uh oh!