Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sam Cracks Me Up

This afternoon Sam asked me to help him get a video started that he wanted to watch. I was feeding Max at the time, so gave him verbal instructions on how to turn the dvd player on and get the tv to the right channel. (Watch this backfire on me, and now he'll be watching movies anytime he wants to!) He actually figured it out, and I heard him say, "Wow! You helped me! You're a beautiful person, Mom!"

The other day I asked Sam if he wanted to help me make some banana chocolate chip muffins. He said, "Yeah! Now you're talkin' my language, baby!" Except he said 'baby' like this: 'beh-beh!' Where does he come up with this stuff?! He's full of funny or sweet little comments all the time, but I rarely remember to write them down. I'm going to have to start getting better about that.

4 comments:

emily said...

yes you are going to need to get better about this because that is absolutely precious! you are a beautiful person beh-beh!! LOVE it!! I made chocolate chip banana muffins the other day too!!

Laura said...

Umm, he might have gotten that last one from my Noah. His quote is always, "That's what I'm talkin' about baby!" Pretty close...I think you should post the recipe for those muffins, like a pioneer woman thing. I've been thinking about those muffins, too, but don't have the recipe.

Connie said...

He is so random, too. Like today at preschool the kids were sitting in the circle and it was quiet and Sam turned to Andrew and said, "I love you, Andrew!" right out loud. Deb went "awhhhh"
Muffins? bring me some!!!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Although I do have a good "from scratch" recipe, what I made this time was from a box of banana quick bread (there's a muffin recipe on the back of the brand name kind) and added two ripe mashed bananas and half a bag of chocolate chips. It made about 18 muffins. So good, and faster than the "from scratch." And sorry there's only 2 or 3 left.