Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Emily!

Happy Birthday Emily! I can't believe my baby sis is getting so old! What is it now, 27?! You're creeping up on the big 3-0! In honor of your special day, here are just a few of the things I love about you:

  1. You are an awesome aunt

  2. You are a great sister-in-law to my husband and you put up with Joe.

  3. You love your mommy

  4. Your love of music, you always have good recommendations

  5. Your love of blogging - I credit you with inspiring me to start

  6. Spontaneous bursting into song and dance

  7. You are always doing something adventurous - even though it scares me sometimes, I love that about your spirit

  8. I know you are always praying for me and my family

  9. You take the time to call me on your lunch hour or on the way home from work, sometimes for no particular reason, just to say hi.

  10. Your rockin' sense of style - not everyone can pull off 6 layers, scarves, dresses over jeans, chunky jewelry, wide belts over shirts, etc. and still look incredibly cool.

  11. Your hair

  12. That you are willing to listen to God's leading even when it might not make sense to others

  13. Your intensity

  14. Your compassion

  15. Your ability to make friends wherever you go

  16. Your laugh

  17. Your inability to hold your bladder during number 16

  18. You forgave me for all of the years that I was really, really mean to you growing up. (Right?!)

  19. Your deep love for Jesus - it shines through everything you say and do

  20. Even though you experienced great loss at an early age, you didn't let it stop you from doing great things

  21. Your voice, especially when it's singing

  22. You were able to make a strange, big city your home

  23. Your independance, yet dependancy on God

  24. Your love of photography

  25. That you lead a life of worship

  26. Your silliness

  27. You are just a great sister!

Happy Birthday, Emily, I love you sweet sis!


From the boys, Take 1:


Take 2:


Take 3 (with a "Texas accent"):


Take 4:

Is it completely obvious that someone is trying to compete already? Max only seems to make noise when the other ones are!

Take 5:

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow. That is HILARIOUS. I think I know someone that is really going to like this. Alot.

Shelly said...

And a Happy -gabber-gabber-gabber- birthday to Emily!

emily said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!! I laughed, I cried! No pressure to come back or anything!!! Max was hilarious...it was like he was just talking right along and then when you asked him what he wanted to say...he was thinking about it. PRECIOUS!!! Thanks so much! It made my day!!! Love you all!

emily said...

I decided to make another comment about how I still have the scar on my wrist from your fingernail. Just an FYI.
You guys were SO mean to me!
I DO forgive you!! :)