Monday, March 19, 2007

I NEED SOME CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!!!!!!!!


Here are some things that I took pics of recently to send in for art show applications. I am trying to get into a creative state of mind again, these are some of the most recent things I've created - and that was months and months ago! All the cats that I did (in the first pic) have coats with buttons that open up with a message inside. I recently took on a special order to create a visual representation of a Christian family's mission statement. I've done several others, and have gotten more of these projects by word of mouth as friends see the finished product. When it's finished it will look similar in style to this one that I already did, only with different words:


Double click on the image if you want to look at it closer. Now that I'm looking at it, I'm hoping it looked better in person than it did in this picture. Some of you may have already guessed that I am procrastinating getting started on this project, by blogging instead. Part of the problem is getting started. I can't remember the order of how I put these together. I am literally sitting with my back turned to my work table as I sit and type on the computer. I have no excuses. Damon was nice enough to cut the plywood into 2ft by 2 ft and even primed it for me. It's all ready to go. I just need to do it!!

3 comments:

emily said...

You and Mom should totally make a Paper Prayers/Creative Works blog. Where you have pictures of your stuff and prices and then have a system so that people can buy stuff. I think it would go REALLY well. I have already had a couple of my friends here in TX ask if y'all have a website. Think about it!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I just came across a website: www.etsy.com where artists and crafty people can set up their own "shop" and sell things. I'm thinking that we should do this.

Anonymous said...

Your stuff looks GREAT on the computer screen! (I already knew it looked great in real life). Let's talk about etsy or a blog sometime. Thing is, you're the computer person and you know who is not!!!