Monday, March 19, 2007

Stranger Than Fiction

This weekend we watched the movie Stranger Than Fiction, with Will Ferrell. I loved it - Will Ferrell is great in a little more serious role. Has anyone else seen it, and what did you think? I was most intrigued with the visual graphics that were displayed that showed what he was calculating and thinking. This is one of the few movies I could watch again, just so that I could catch more of the graphics. As a more literary person, I loved that he was trying to figure out if he was in a comedy or a tragedy, and all the references to writing techniques - and how the professor eliminated types of literature and characters with his odd questions. As a person married to a more orderly, number-oriented person, I could appreciate that aspect as well. I highly recommend renting this movie!

4 comments:

emily said...

I saw it in a theater in Dallas by myself. Random and kinda sad...
Anyway...I thought it was ok. There were funny parts. I think I was imagining something different with Will Farrell, because it was more serious than he usually is. I think my expecations were too high...but then again, maybe it was because I was in a movie theater by myself.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Yeah, it's definitely not a roll on the ground, outrageous comedy. The humor is different, and it's definitely more dramatic than anything else. I just appreciated all the artistic elements of it.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it yet. I'm hesitant because I LOVED Will Ferrell in Elf, which he was so believable as an elf & I'm not sure about the more serious sid eof Will Ferrell. But now I'll have to rent it to see what you're talking about. :)

Anonymous said...

That last comment says it's 7:06am but actually it's 9:06am. I didn't want you to think that I was up & on the computer that early in the morning. Must have something to do with daylight savings.