Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Time Flies

We finally heard from Damon Monday night via e-mail. The calling card he'd been given hadn't been activated, so he was stuck with email. He was able to finally give us a call last night. It was good to hear his voice. It's so strange and confusing to have him call here 6pm Tues, and there it is 8am Wed, and he's just starting his day. He has been able to find his way around and is working hard full days full of meetings, without time to relax. On this end of the world, our time is going quickly. We spent all day yesterday in CR with Laura, her kids and my mom, rummaging at the Goodwill's and Stuff stores. We found a cool new inexpensive place to eat - Cici's Pizza - a pizza buffet over by Westdale mall. It's $4.99 ($1.49 for a drink). The new hit was the Macaroni and Cheese pizza. The boys are not big fans of shopping, and they wore me out with their bickering and complaining. (Mostly this was from Sam - who I can't trust much to roam yet, because he never comes back, so I had to keep him closer, which made him furious.) Luckily, he's much better for my mom than for me, so she'd take him in her cart and he'd be all cute and funny. Today Will has a birthday party to go to at the Children's Museum, which should be interesting for Sam - since he gets to hang out with Mom and shop, once again. Then tomorrow is pick-up-Damon-at-the-airport-day!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that all of your family will be on 1 continent again! Tell Damon hi and try to remember that he will not feel "human" for like 3 days! Jet lag is realy worse than I had imagined.

Sam is adorable--I can't even imagine him acting up! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, he wasnt that bad! Lily was worse than everyone combined.

Anonymous said...

Arent you going to post the picture of Damon in his Japanese PJs and mini-slippers???? I REALLY liked the black socks!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I tried, believe me, but couldn't figure out how to transfer the pics from the email. But hopefully when he gets home I can get it figured out, if he'll let me. Course he said that's why he has the sweatpants on underneath, is because it might end up in blog world someday- which tells me he's giving his consent.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Did you not hear, Laura, about how Sam got so mad at me at the Stuff store that he hit me, spit on me and knocked my glasses off my face because I made him sit in the cart instead of run around with his older cousins?! Yeah, real cute.

Anonymous said...

ooh, that is naughty.

emily said...

I'm sorry...but after seeing the picture and reading the email from Damon...was it ever an option to NOT have the sweatpants on?!?!
wow

Anonymous said...

what's up, guys? Did Damon get provided some tiny Japanese pj's and slippers and his HUGE American body wouldn't fit into them? That has to go on the blog!

Here's a visual for ya, what if Trey or Tim tried to get them on?!

Anonymous said...

I'm picturing it now...and, boy, is it a sight to see!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill!

This is Jenny Essington (from Hearts In Touch). I ran across your blog through Emily's blog which I ran across through Scott Sterner's blog...did you catch all that? I am really enjoying your posts and pictures.

I am hoping to blog again soon like I used to ...hard to do with a 3 month old.

Just wanted to let you know that I am reading yours. Also, we just tried CiCi's last weekend and loved it! I also have a passion for Goodwill :)

Talk with you soon
-Jenny Essington