Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy B-day, hubby!

Here are 34 things I love about you, Damon:

  1. You love God and Jesus is your Savior
  2. You are an AWESOME Dad
  3. You are an excellent provider
  4. You let me take your picture (albeit reluctantly)
  5. You play "get Daddy" with the boys
  6. Your smarts
  7. Your graying temples only make you look sexier and more distinguished
  8. Your willingness and even eagerness to help others in need
  9. You are good at maintaining balance in your life and we are always one of your top priorities
  10. You are UNBELIEVABLY patient (with me, with the kids, with me...)
  11. You let me go downstairs to paint and take care of the kids so I can
  12. You always bring home surprises when you go on work trips
  13. Your love of all things orange
  14. You let me buy your clothes and almost always wear what I buy you
  15. Your ability to take the lead
  16. You're not afraid to tell me what you think
  17. You are dependable
  18. You love my family and your family so much
  19. I know you pray for me and the kids
  20. Your ability to turn the kids' behavior into a spiritual lesson
  21. You are tender and affectionate with me and the boys
  22. You are aware of the importance of teaching the boys how to treat a woman
  23. Your laugh, especially when you start crying
  24. You are humble
  25. You make me feel safe
  26. You can fix anything (or at least you think you can, and you're usually right.)
  27. You always kiss me when you leave for work and when you get home
  28. You are compassionate
  29. You are such a good teacher
  30. You are strong in all the areas I'm weak in
  31. You help me whenever and wherever you can, I don't even have to ask
  32. You don't take things too seriously and you help me to lighten up
  33. You took me to prom on our second date after I kind of halfway invited myself
  34. You love me unconditionally

These are just some of the many things I love about you. Happy Birthday, honey!

2 comments:

emily said...

I love it! It brought tears to my eyes! Damon...you rock!

Shelly said...

Couldn't you think of anything funny?! These made my eyes fill up with tears... so MANY good things. Love you Damon!