Thursday, December 11, 2008

Living Proof

After posting such horrific and saddening hospital videos, it has come to my attention that certain family members are in need of solid evidence that Max is recooperating nicely. Here are my attempts to prove that he is indeed alive and well (and that he's home):

Did you notice his newest tricks? He says "Hmmm?" alot - it is very expressive and can mean alot of different things. I realized I do that alot to him, which I suppose is why he's now doing it to me so much. He's got a very cute tongue roll thing he does. (I know, it's not as cute when I do it.) Also he says, "Bye, see you!" and "Bye, see you later!" Over and over and OVER again all day long. You don't even have to be leaving the room. He'll just get a hankerin' for playing on the stairs and it'll start up a whole new round of goodbyes. Speaking of stairs. He's a boy OBSESSED. The day after his surgery he squeezed himself through the banister railings (the last two are wider than the rest and he's caught on that his brothers bypass the baby gate by going through the railings) 4 times and fell down the stairs 4 times before Damon decided maybe he'd better off with no gate at all. Now that the gate is down he's still constantly on the stairs, but he's got much better control over what he's doing and hasn't fallen yet. It still gives my heart a good shake everytime I see him start out though. I find myself better off not even watching. Is that bad?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read that Max had surgery! I am glad that he is recovering nicely! Hopefully he will be a lot healthier from here on out. Give him hugs and kisses from us in CC! Carrie

emily said...

Ok. I needed that. I'm convinced that he is as ornery as ever. Thanks for posting those! His "Bye, see ya later" was adorable!!!!

laura b. said...

How cute. Glad to see he's feeling better. Dan just taught Sylvia to do that thing with her tongue. And she's started saying "huh?" when I ask her questions.