Sunday, December 07, 2008

Tubes and Adenoids

Wow, it's been a crazy week! Friday morning we had to be at Mercy's Ambulatory Surgical Center for Max's tubes and adenoidectomy at 6:15 am. Unfortunately, he was up from 2-4am the night before, so it was a very short night. Luckily, he was the first surgury, at 7am, and we were home again by 10am. He did so good. He drank right away, cried only a bit and was talking in a gravelly voice on the way home. He was running around by late morning, although he fell down alot (due to them messing around in his inner ears.) Wake up times were a little rough at first, but all in all he's done remarkably well! He's got a 10 day antibiotic and 3 days of ear drop antibiotics and a follow up appointment in 2 weeks. Damon says he looks like an angel in this pic (this was before his surgery:)






Afterwards:


***Just in case you were wondering, yes, that really is his breathing you're hearing. It was very loud, ragged and uneven, kind of hiccupy. It was kind of scary, but I remembered Sam doing the same thing when he had his tubes, adenoids and tonsils done.

My super husband practically insisted that I join my sister and mom Friday afternoon for set-up of our open house the following day. (Boy, was I ever glad that we'd decided to have it at my sister's house this year!) So I left him alone with the boys for half the afternoon and all evening. Luckily we'd thought ahead to bring all my artwork the night before in case Max needed us all day Friday. He was doing so well though, that I was able to leave. Damon spent all day Saturday with the boys too, while I was at the art open house. He even took them all to Burger King for lunch. They made a short visit to the open house and then hung out at home for the rest of the day. I'm so blessed to have a healthy, recooperating child and a great, caring husband. The only down side has been that through the last several days, Max has preferred his dad over me. :(

4 comments:

emily said...

ok, seriously...this made me CRY!! poor baby....I am pretty sure that I need another video of him all better so that I know he is all better!!!!

Shelly said...

He is terribly pathetic looking. Sad boy. Sad Aunt Shelly. Good to read that he's doing well, but I agree with Emily... we need proof!

Laura said...

His cute little gown! I can attest that he is well and back to his sunny disposition!

laura b. said...

I know surgery, etc. is not fun but those picture are priceless.