Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Scary Sight

My sweet, sweet hubby came up with an ingenious 'addition' to the back of our tent for the Iowa Arts Fest this past weekend. We knew we needed to be prepared for rain or being in the sun all day, so he rigged up PVC piping for us to velcro one of the sides to, creating a shelter off the back of our tent where we could sit and stay dry or shaded! I wish I'd taken a picture, it was so great - right up until the wind almost carried it away and we had to take it down. We were so busy battling rain and wind and we were constantly busy with customers and ended up not taking any pictures at all. Maybe next time. I DID however manage to get a picture of this scary sight:
This is what Damon looked like after cutting all of that PVC piping. He wore his goggles, obviously, but maybe he should have worn a mask. Breathing that powder can't be good for you. He came in from the garage and said, "Do you think I need to take a shower?" About scared me half to death when I got my first look at him.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I KNEW this story.'..and I still said, "What the..." when I saw it. Scary!

Connie said...

wheez - get a mask next time - wheez. And I agree the canopy is wonderful! thanks, Damon.