Friday, June 22, 2007

The Cookie Era Has Ended

Much to my children's regret, and much to my glee, the Cookie Era has ended in our household. Joe and Laura's small yet surprisingly annoying dog went home this morning, (since she had an appointment at the grooomers, Joe thought they'd just keep her.) Woo Hoo! Sam was quite distraught. He said, "But I NEED Cookie!!!" and I just had to reassure him that we could still go visit her. He was not at all impressed when I reminded him that we still had Lucy and he could play with her. I even tried to tell him that Lucy was going to get her feelings hurt if he didn't want to play with her. He could have cared less. He was very dramatic. He went downstairs, realized yes, she really was gone, and said, "gone....FOREVER!!!!" Will, ever helpful, tried to reassure Sam by saying, "Don't worry, we'll just get another dog for Lucy to play with." Yeah, right, buddy. Keep dreaming.

I'm not real certain where Cookie is spending her next few nights, since McCarragher's don't officially move in until Sunday. So despite my celebratory post here, we are still willing to keep her until then if need be. She's not really that big of a deal to take care of. Just don't go accusing me of being secretly in love with her or anything.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I just got done eating a cookie and came in and clicked on your blog. I was stunned to think the Brown home no longer would have cookies, then realized you meant the dog. Made me lol. Your boys are so funny. I love them!

Sharon said...

I, too, thought "oh, my! No more cookies? I wonder what that is all about?!"

I subscribe to the Urban Dictionary's word of the day (http://www.urbandictionary.com/daily.php), where I learned a new acronym a few weeks ago: LQTM - laughing quietly to myself. That's what I was doing during your entire post!

Thank you for the early morning chuckle. Your post was refreshing and hilarious. I admire your candor, especially the comment about Cookie being "surprisingly annoying...." Priceless! :-)

Anonymous said...

Poor Cookie. No love for Cookie. (at first I thought that Cookie was "gone", you know, road pizza!) Whew--I'm glad she's just at the groomer. :)