Monday, June 04, 2007

Lucy and Cookie "playing"

I know that Laura and Joe have been curious to know whether their dog Cookie has been getting along with our dog Lucy while their dog is staying with us. I know it weighs heavily on their minds and they lie awake worrying about it at night. Their dog is just so little and our's is so big, it's bound to make them worried for everyone's safety. So just to put their minds at ease, I've taken some video. I've edited out the bloody parts, because I don't want them to feel bad. I'm sure that Lucy will learn to walk on 3 legs just fine . . . eventually. (Just kidding! hee hee!)

Well this video shows you what it is really like when they get together. I've been trying my best to keep them apart - which is not an easy feat in our household, because Cookie doesn't seem to like Lucy all that much. Basically it goes like this: Lucy would like to be friends and play, or just be left alone, and Cookie is a little hyper snot about it. I think Cookie likes being in charge, she realizes her size doesn't matter. Cookie basically spazzes out, when all Lucy'd really like to do is lay down, and then once Cookie does get Lucy all riled up along with her, she growls and yaps and runs Lucy off.

15 comments:

emily said...

Cookie is a MAJOR spaz. I can't believe you agreed to take the mut.
Lucy was making some very nice noises! I love her! Cookie...not so much.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I think Lucy is saying, "I just want to be loved. Why doesn't she like me?!"

Connie said...

This is just my opinion, but I bet if Lucy would just take one good swipe with her front paw and send that little shit flying across the room once, maybe she would be a different dog. Sorry, McC's!!!!

Connie said...

Pardon my French, everyone!

Anonymous said...

Total spaz!
This is the problem with dogs, you can't tell how they'll grow up. Most of them can be classified as "total spaz." I say this for my sister's benefit who believes that she might someday need a Yorkie. SPAZ. If she gets one, I will nickname it Spaz. She'll love that.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

mom!

Anonymous said...

I still think Cookie would win.

Anonymous said...

The boys and I watched this video together and the whole time Noah was over my shoulder yelling, "Come on Cookie, you can do it!" It was cute. Speaking of cute...Cookie is not. Can she somehow 'disappear' while she's at your house?

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Well yeah, Jack, Cookie always wins. In the end, she chases Lucy off, and Lucy kind of puts her tail between her legs and runs away. That's how it usually goes. I think Cookie has a princess complex.

emily said...

What kind of princess pees herself and then licks it up?! seriously.

Anonymous said...

Now, Jill, I think I need to raise the issue that yesterday when I saw you, you assured me that Cookie was not a big deal and things were going well....I wake up this morning and check your blog and all of a sudden Cookie is possessed/evil/satan dog. Any to say to defend yourself?? Hmmm?

Anonymous said...

And to Emily- I recall you peeing on yourself many times in the not so recent past as well. Jill- I won't even go there with you, I'll give you a little grace since you're preggers.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Yeah, well she's starting to wear out her welcome. You owe us one. Seriously though, it's fine, just annoying. Well you know, you live with her.

emily said...

Ok....Laura...completely different. For Cookie...there is no excuse...not there is an excuse for not being able to hold it together when something extremely funny happens, AND I don't lick it up.
I think Jill is right, you owe her BIG time.

Anonymous said...

I agree, I do.