Thursday, June 07, 2007

Successful Weekend

Here's a glimpse into how our Iowa Arts Fest Weekend went:

This actually may give you the wrong impression. The boys were not bored and we were not bored. We did not have too much time on our hands, we were just being silly and decided to pose the dolls the same way the boys were sitting. We actually were very busy - Sunday more than Saturday. The rain did not keep people away. The kids had fun hanging out and doing some of the kid art stuff they had set up. Here are few more pics of some of my new things (I pretty much already showed you the rest of my new stuff in a previous post) I think you can double click on the images to see them closer, then you'll be able to read them and see the details:




and here are some of my mom's new things:




The rings - Ringy-Thingies - in the basket above, my mom made from vintage jewelry and buttons. Very cool. My very favorite new thing that my mom did were her Art Dollies - for girls of all ages. They are in the process of being christened with their own names.



My very favorite one is the purple girl in the last picture on the left. You've got to love her bikini top with the two buttons. These dolls were a big success. We posed them out and about, and had a pile sitting in a painted cradle. Some of them had pockets with removable hearts in them. Even Lily got one for her birthday:

One of the boys, I think it was Noah, said it looks likes a frog, so Laura said maybe they'll call her Ribberta. Way to go mom! Your crazy creativity never ceases to amaze me!!!

3 comments:

emily said...

SO fun!! Love all the new stuff. And FYI--you don't have to double click...it's just a single click. :) You are starting to be like Laura, "The Double Clicker".

Anonymous said...

WOW! Tons of cool stuff. Way to, you guys. I totally love the dolls, especially the fat yellow one. She rocks!

Connie said...

Thanks, Jill, for posting my work along with yours. It is a kick to click and look at it enlarged on the screen. You keep getting better and better (if that is possible).