Monday, January 28, 2008

Another Day Closer to Damon's Return!

We survived another day without Dad!

We talked to Damon twice, both times at Will's insistance. The first call Will made the minute, and I mean the minute (he ran straight for the phone) he got home from school. Unfortunately we had to leave a message and wait for about an hour until Damon had a break and could call us back. The second phone call was made at 9:15 - 45 minutes after Will was put to bed, because he was missing his Dad so much he couldn't sleep. The poor, sweet child had a tearful conversation with his father, who made all the same suggestions we had already tried - get a drink, sleep with Dad's pillow - then felt better enough to get himself to sleep. Unfortunately for me, he keeps telling me he's hearing strange noises in his room - "like someone, (or something's) teeth are chattering." Everytime I went in, I didn't hear anything. It makes me wonder if we have another mouse.

2 comments:

emily said...

oh gosh...don't say that. It makes me cringe...both at the sound of teeth chattering and the thought of a mouse in the house again. I realize that I used to live in a house where we made a mouse tally and got up to 12 within a year...but still I don't like them and would not be able to sleep well. let me know how that goes for you!

Shelly said...

Ahhh.... mice who only come out when Dad's gone. Now that's sneaky.