Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's Finally Time to Begin the Healing Process

Ok. I think enough time has properly passed for me to be able to blog about my morning last week. I had to give myself a little time to emotionally heal from the trauma. I debated on whether to give you all the long dramatic version, or the short, to the point version. And since this is my blog and I can do whatever I want on it, I opted for the dramatic version.

It all began one cold Tuesday morning in the Kohl's parking lot...

Well, now wait, maybe I'll just try to summarize after all.

Basically what happened was that somehow I managed to drop the diaper bag out of the stroller and onto the parking lot without realizing it. I then proceeded to back over it, and drag it under the middle of the van, over to the Wal-Mart parking lot next door. Once there, I realized I'd maybe better check out what was making that funny noise. I peered underneath the van and discovered to my horror what the noise had been. I got down on my hands and knees, and pulled it out, only to realize that my wallet had fallen out en route. I retraced my 'steps' and searched under parked cars, then went back inside Kohl's and was relieved to find that some good samaritan had already turned it in! Everything - cash, ID, credit cards was still inside! How do I do these stupid things?! Not only that, but this is the second time I've dropped and had my wallet turned in in the Kohl's parking lot. If I didn't know better I'd say that place was cursed! I joked that God was punishing me for spending so much money in there. Laura thought it more likely that God was punishing me for going shopping without her! It's a good thing God doesn't really work that way!

The diaper bag looks like it's been through a cat fight. My wallet won't hold any coins anymore.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness!

Sounds to me like God was watching out for you with your wallet being turned in intact!

poor diaper bag ;( what a morning you had.

Anonymous said...

you need to get rid of that right away. That mesh just freaks me out. It reminds me of like torn fishnet stockings. It just gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm guessing next time you go to Kohl's, you're going to give me a call...just in case!

emily said...

I definitely think it's because you went without us...just like you went to Target without us!!!

kristin said...

I think you need a new diaper bag and wallet. something REALLY bright.