Friday, January 25, 2008

Conversation

Things I heard in the van this morning:

Me: Sam, put your gloves on so your hands don't get cold.
Sam: I only have one.
Me: Why's that?
Sam: I don't know.
Me: maybe the other one is at home.
Will (from the backseat): There's some extra ones back here. Here you go Sam, wear these.
Sam: Will! You're a genius!!!

I didn't even know he knew that word, 'genius!'

Will: Mom, I'm just going to give people the short version, about my hair.
Me: Oh yeah? What's that?
Will: hair got cut.
Me: And what if people ask you who did that to you?
Will: then I'll say, 'don't want to talk about it.' If people ask you, you tell them the short version too.

huh.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Short version.
Got it.

Anonymous said...

I've actually really been enjoying telling everyone the long version...but don't tell him that!
Plus, if he knew you at all, he should know that "short version" is not a concept that is even possible with you!!!