Thursday, January 31, 2008

Damon's Home!!!

Damon made it home this afternoon! I would have been happier to see him, if I'd been more than half awake when he came in the door. Every night for 4 nights Max has been sleeping worse and worse at night. I was attributing it to his recent mastery of the roll-over, but last night after crying every half an hour from 11- 4am, I finally started to get a clue that something else was going on. I gave him some Tylenol at 4 am and he slept from 4-7am. What a long, miserable night! Why, oh why didn't I give him Tylenol any sooner? I'm still feeling guilt for not being more receptive that more was going on. I took him to the pediatrician this morning and he has ear infections in both ears!! The poor little dude. No wonder he hasn't been sleeping. What's wierd is that he doesn't have any cold symptoms. But my other boys have been known to do that too when they were babies. He's been drugged up with Tylenol and his amoxocillan all day, and has slept most of the day and evening away, so who knows what tonight will bring. The good news is that now we've got Tylenol on our side and I won't be doing it alone tonight! Welcome home, Damon!

(The older boys received Incredibles match box cars as their 'surprise' from Dad, and Max got a Mickey Mouse rattle. Sam informed me that he was sorry, but I didn't get anything. But what he doesn't realize is that I got the best gift of all: I got my husband back!)

2 comments:

emily said...

OH! poor Max!! I hope that he has a better night tonight! Glad Damon made it back safely!

Anonymous said...

Does that mean he went to Disneyland????