Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Best Duets of All Time?

Here's a trip down memory lane. Why does this song still make me get goosebumps after all these years?! It's so sappy! I think I got the goosebumps because it takes me back to how I felt when I was a kid and heard this song, although I'm sure I didn't understand all the lyrics! I still remember trying to play (very poorly) this song on the piano.

And who doesn't love Kenny Rogers?! (Pre plastic surgery of course.) The fact that he can hit those high harmony notes, and the facial expressions he makes when he turns his head away from the microphone. Takes me back.

And of course then there's Kenny's duet with Dolly. I love Dolly - the pre-plastic version that is.

What are your favorite all-time duets?

5 comments:

Connie said...

WOW! Great moments in TV! We don't have those kind anymore for some sad reason.

Laura said...

Wow. Dolly's slit was WAY up there! Remember the Dolly Parton joke about Islands in The Stream? We thought we were so naughty telling that joke. These videos were awesome. The first two especially!

emily said...

ok...#1 LOVE Barbara!!!! LOVE her! Hilary and I were watching these and I said, "Her microphone is amazing" and Hilary said, "her shoulder pads are amazing!" I totally remember listening to that song over and over again as a little child...and playing it on the piano. What happened to those piano books?!
#2 Kenny Rogers totally reminds me of dad.
#3 I have no clue what joke you are talking about Laura...please tell it!
Those were classic!

Laura said...

Oh, you sweet innocent young one...
"What do you get when Dolly Parton takes a bath?"
"Islands in the stream".

hee,hee. Isnt that funny?!?! (not really.)

Shelly said...

Jill, I want you to know that I can't get Scott to shut up. He's singing Kenny Rogers songs ALL THE TIME now. Thanks. :)

Laura, that is pretty funny.