Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Circus Day

Tuesday was Circus Day at Sam's preschool. My mom (who teaches art at his school) recruited me to help her paint kids' faces. She made a nice little lion face on Sam's cheek. Here he is playing play-doh with one of his good friends: Here's what Max did. (He didn't get his face painted):
He was content to sit and watch the kids for long periods of time. In between groups he got to get out.

Sam was a leopard:

He got to jump through the Ring of Fire, for his part of the circus:

Here's the whole class:

At the end of the morning they got to have popcorn and a candy circus peanut (blech!). Although Sam looks about to dig in, he actually ended up saving his bag of popcorn and his one circus peanut until Will got home from school so that he could share it with him. Isn't he a sweet brother? Here he's sitting with another of his good friends, who has a not-very-well-painted seal with a ball on his nose, sitting on a platform, courtesy of me.While the kids were sitting with their popcorn, Mrs. Potter asked kids what their favorite part of the day was and Sam could be heard saying, "I wish I could go back and start this day over!" It was a fun day!

4 comments:

emily said...

I get like that on good days too. "I wish I could go back and start this day over!"
precious!

Connie said...

I hope these kids live each day fully in the now like they do now!

Laura said...

That darn seal was hard!

Laura said...

I love Max's look of bewilderment.