Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Calapitters

I tell ya, it's a summer for caterpillars! Today the excitement was all about these guys which will turn into a silkworm moth:Coming out of the middle of each one of those yellow and blue spines, are black bristles. They are Ug-lay...and huge...and they stick to everything like suction cups, not that I would know because I certainly didn't hold one...and you can't tell which end is the front and which end is the rear! What's an unsuspecting mom supposed to do when she's going about her artwork and her proud son shoves one of these suckers in her face and says "Mom1 Look what I found!" Well, after she gets over her heebie-jeebies, she gets her camera out, that's what she does.
This morning the excitement was all about this guy found at grandma's house. What's the deal?! Is it just that time of year, or what?! (Mom, you desperately need to learn how to use your 'close-up' setting on your camera.)

1 comments:

emily said...

WHAT?! are those things real? how big are they? I couldn't figure it out. put your finger out there and let me see how big they really are!! wow. I haven't seen any calapitters in TX. hmmm...I'll keep my eyes open though.