Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Max!

Max turns one year old today! I really am finding it hard to believe. My baby is almost out of the baby stage, which makes me sad. In other ways, I'm excited for him to grow more independant. In honor of his upcoming birthday, Max received a 'big boy' haircut. Tonight we're celebrating with family. I'll be posting pics soon of the festivities. Some of the many things I love about you, Max (I could never pick just one):

  1. your toothy smile
  2. the way you wrinkle up your nose - sometimes you're being silly, sometimes it's when I'm trying to get you to eat something you don't want
  3. your walking skills (with various toys and household items)
  4. your snuggliness, which your tolerance for is quickly diminishing
  5. your growliness
  6. listening to you wake up on the monitor, jabbering to yourself
  7. when I sing itsy bitsy spider, you do your own version of the motions
  8. clapping
  9. you can be entertained for long periods of time by opening and shutting just about anything that'll open and shut
  10. your reddish hair
  11. you've finally outgrown the infamous 'spit-up' stage
  12. your enjoyment of the 'get daddy' game
  13. fake laughs
  14. the way you look up to your brothers, already
  15. your happy-go-lucky, go-with-the-flow attitude
  16. your excitement to see mommy and daddy
  17. you don't mind when people call you Sam Jr.

We love you sweet boy! Happy 1st!


0 comments: