Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Birthday Shopping

Yesterday Damon took the day off and we took Max with us to C.R. for some birthday shopping. Both Sam and Will's birthdays are coming up soon, and with Christmas just around the corner, we try to start planning for it all early. Sam, the little stinker,headed straight for the back seat when he got back in the van and looked behind the back seat for what we'd gotten him. I didn't realize what he was doing until he'd sneaked a peek. He came back to his seat with a smirk on his face, announcing he knew what we'd gotten him for his birthday: "window sills." (Luckily, Damon knows how these boys think and when he'd loaded the van he'd put the stroller and some boxes of mini blinds on top of the presents so that it'd be difficult for them to see.) So I played along, telling Sam he'd ruined the surprise for his birthday. I'd wanted his room to look nice, so I'd gotten him new blinds for his birthday. He was like, "Why did you get me blinds?! That's so boring!" Evidently I had him going all day long, because even at bedtime he was still sputtering about it. I'm just glad he didn't see the REAL presents!

1 comments:

Kathy said...

hahahahahaha! window sills that's great :)