Monday, October 27, 2008

Tonight

Tonight we are having a combination Will/Sam birthday party with the relatives. Both boys are a little confused that we're having a combined party. Sam feels like his birthday is over with. (We had a kid party and presents from us already a week ago.) He wants to know if he's turning 6 tonight. Nope, you're still 5, buddy.

When Will broke my 9x13 pyrex the other day I jokingly told him that I guess I wouldn't be making him a birthday cake. He decided that was alright because he wants a big plate of birthday nachos instead of a cake. And the thing is, he's completely serious.

Last night when I showed Will the brownies I was going to make he said, "Where's the other one?" Sorry bud, you get to share. Then he remembered his birthday nachos.

Do I really have to make birthday nachos? Can you even stick a candle in stinkin' hot melted cheese? Put it in too soon and it'll melt the candle. Wait too long and your cheese has cooled and solidified and there's no sticking a candle in it. I have a narrow window of cheese opportunity to work with.

2 comments:

laura b. said...

I think I'd vote for birthday nachos too. I didn't know that was an option all these years.

emily said...

Birthday nachos. So did you make some!? awesome!