Sunday, December 02, 2007

Our Weekend

Well, the weekend wasn't a total bust. We got a big ice storm, and only a handful of people were able to make it to our art open house. All that work! (oh, well...we're telling ourselves that we're building anticipation for next year's show, which will be a huge success!!!) We did however get the house fairly cleaned up (the upstairs anyways, although the bedrooms and downstairs are still feeling the aftermath) and now the house is all decorated for Christmas. We put all of our family decorations on the tree Saturday night after removing all of the sale ornaments. The boys were way excited to put up their special ones from years past. Of course we have the usual high concentration of ornaments at the base of the tree, where they can reach! Every year I buy Will a star:

Sam a ball: and now Max will get a snowflake: Then someday they'll have a collection of ornaments for their own tree. Will grumbles about the fact that he has no choice in the matter, but I think he secretly likes it! One of the funnier moments of the night was when Sam heard me say, "The lights are on, but nobody's home" about this ornament: Now every time he enters the room, he heads straight for that house ornament and says, 'The lights are on, but nobody's home' which just sounds hilarious coming from a 4 year old's innocent mouth. He of course has no clue of the sarcastic meaning of the phrase. He also is extremely intrigued by the idea of "toe mistle" as he calls it. I made the mistake of explaining the concept before I remembered that I'd actually thrown our mistletoe out last year because it was falling apart. So he was disappointed to not get to try it out. Many of you know and have experienced first hand Sam's deep love of kissing, so the idea of mistletoe is like a dream come true. So I'll definitely need to get some this week. Will decided to decorate some trash and turn it into an ornament, which he then gave to Sam as a gift. I tried to throw it away, because I didn't know, but no one would let me, so it's still on the tree:












Here are each boys' versions of Feliz Navidad and a special bonus duet, which unfortunately and not surprisingly ends in tears. (Will's version is sung in what he calls his 'rock n' roll voice' which we think sounds more twangy than anything else!)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. You should probably turn that duet into AFV. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

That was from Laura

emily said...

LOVE IT!!
Will-I have heard many rockstars in my day and I definitely think that you have the voice!
Sam-Sweetness, just sweetness!
The duet-you two work well together...well...sort of! Classic ending!!

Shelly said...

I am amazed how Will can sound just like he's plugging his nose while singing, but he's really not! Not many people can do that, ya know.

Madison said...

This is sooo funny!!
I would expect that to be done from MY brothers