Friday, February 01, 2008

Max's New Tricks

Max has bounced back from his ear infections quite remarkably, and is in a much better mood today. He even slept straight through from 11:30-5am! Normally I wouldn't be too thrilled with those kind of hours. But 5 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep did wonders for us both! I even got to go back to bed for a bit before it was time to get Will off to school.


Max has been busy today showing off some of his new tricks. It used to be that you could plop him down in whatever nearby baby device was handy, without a moment's thought to buckling him in. Why bother? It's not like he's going anywhere. Well, those days are over. He arches his back and pushes with his legs until he's doing stuff like this:

Here's another new Max trick: spitting!

As if he doesn't already make enough mess as it is with his spitting up, now we're adding drool into the mix. What's best is when he combines the two and starts spraying spit-up everywhere. He also likes to spray cereal sometimes too.

The older Max gets, the more into his older brothers he is getting. And I know it's only going to get more so from here on out! He follows them around the room with his eyes, and will bend himself backwards if they are somewhere where he can't see them. He perks up at just the sounds of their voices, and gets way excited anytime they offer him the least bit of attention. They love to get a response from him and do a good job of keeping him entertained for however long he thinks something is funny.

And lastly, some cute pictures:
dimples that make me smile:

5 comments:

Connie said...

That boy is darn tired of sitting in those seats - he is ready to move on!!! As for the spitting thing, well, I guess that's pretty cute, too! It sure made me laugh.

emily said...

I love him. I love him. I love him.

Anonymous said...

that first video looks very...wet. (and very cute, too)

kristin said...

my goodness.!!! those dimples are adorable!!

Shelly said...

i love to watch your videos... they take me back to when my kids were little. i used to always ask jared to make madison laugh - something about older kids -

We miss you all so much!