Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dancing with the Stars - Season Finale

Apolo won! I admit I am disappointed, but not surprised. I was really pulling for Joey all along just because he always made me laugh. I realize Apolo was the better dancer, he could move his feet much faster than anyone else, plus he had all his atheletic skills working for him. I was always impressed with Apolo, (although I did agree with some of Len Goodman's comments about there being too much hanky panky and not enough dancing in some of their routines - the thing with the chair was too much) I just liked Joey's personality and how much fun he had, OK??!! It was fun to see all the contestants up there one more time, but I really could have done without all of the drama of dragging out the finale for two hours. Just tell me who won already! Will had just gotten into bed when I realized that Joey was going to perform his Star Wars dance again. So I ran to his room, flung open the door and told him, "Will! Come quick!" He was all confused but happy to be up out of bed again. Damon was like, what in the world is going on?! When I explained I wanted Will to see the Star Wars dance, even Damon sat down and watched it with us, although he kept shaking his head and saying "You've got to be kidding me!" Five minutes later Will was back in bed, and he thought it was all great fun - to be able to get out of bed, even if it was just to humor his crazy old mother. Damon just rolled his eyes.

8 comments:

emily said...

That's AWESOME!!!!...not about your obsession with Dancing with the Stars...but to being such a cool mom and letting Will come back out!

Anonymous said...

YES! I am left wishing that I had seen the "Star Wars" dance. That is the stuff kids remember, getting to get back out of bed, chocolate donuts and choloate milk for a birthday breakfast,you know, when they think they are "breaking the rules."

Anonymous said...

I watched the finale too! I was surprised as well that Joey didn't take home the mirror ball! Oh well, at least he had one more shot at fame...back in the spotlight baby.

Connie said...

This old lady is exhausted from it all! On top of all the dancing stuff, the bachelor and Tessa returned to let us know she is moving to Hawaii to be with him. aaaaaaahhhhhh. Enough already. I am now ready to move on to America's greatest inventions and America's most talented. or as I refer to them, AGI and AMT.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

what, Mom? Now you're watching shows I've never even heard of!

Connie said...

Oh, Jill, my child, you don't know half of what I do!!!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

uh, maybe we should just keep it that way.

Anonymous said...

REALITY TV ROCKS!!