Monday, May 21, 2007

Pregnancy Brain

I just picked Will up from school and as has been my habit lately, I was too lazy to walk up the big hill to the school to get him. So we drove to the end of our block, turned and went up the hill two blocks and waited in the car for him to come out. On the way back down the hill, I saw something oddly familiar in the middle of the street, a good block from our house. It was a cordless phone - that looked just like ours. I almost ran over it! I was still confused for a split second before I remembered that I had put our phone on the back bumper of our van, after hanging up with Emily. I was sitting outside, talking to her while Sam played outside. I was sure it had broken, but it appears to be working just fine! Lucked out on that one!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness! Thankfully you saw it before it had been run over.

Hope all is going well with you, think of you often & I pray for you when I do!

love, Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is excellent! I once baked brownies for a funeral at church and watched the whole pan go bouncing down the street in my rear view mirror! Drove to the store and bought expensive premade brownies from the bakery. Not sure if I was preggers or not.

Anonymous said...

once we left our c.d case on our car and ran over it and all the c.ds still worked!

Anonymous said...

WHAT?! no blog on the big season finales?

maybe it's still coming.

Anonymous said...

This is another classic story! I love this family...I'm glad your phone works! The sad reality of my life is...I don't even have to be pregnant to pull something like this!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

yeah, I'm totally just using that as my excuse. I too have done the ol' leave the brownies on top of the car trick. They were in a glass baking dish that shattered all over the street. I was definitely not pregnant for that one.