Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sam!

Happy Birthday to my sweet boy Sam! He's 4 years old today! He was so excited to go to pre-school this morning. We made some scary looking mini-cupcakes for his birthday treats to bring to school. We were still responsible to bring a regular approved snack, so we also brought grapes and milk. Since it was his special sharing day, he decided to bring his AWANA's vest, book and bag to talk about.



My favorite part of the above video is when his teacher tells him that she used to do AWANA's too, and Sam says, "When you were a boy?" I also like the use of the fake microphone with the tinfoil top. His class sang Happy Birthday to him, and the whole time Sam blinked his eyes really fast, because he was a little embarassed. When they were done, he asked if he could be done now! He just wanted to sit with everyone else in the circle, instead of being singled out. He also had to hold the flag while they did the Pledge of Allegiance, check the weather and put the appropriate weather picture on the chart, put today's date on the calendar, and put 4 candles on the birthday cake poster. Whew! So much to do! It was a lot of pressure! He also wore a birthday crown all morning and got to be the line leader (You can kind of tell that he is the tallest one in his class!) His teachers gave him a cup full of little birthday goodies and the class made him a Happy Birthday book that each student drew a picture in. This afternoon a package came in the mail for Sam from his Aunt Emmy. This video is for you, Em...

The boys had fun all afternoon playing with the goodies she sent. Sam was very good about sharing. Will kept asking, "When am I going to get some presents?!" It may be a long couple of weeks until Nov 3rd!

After AWANA's tonight, the boys had quick cupcakes and we sang to Sam. Will did a very thorough job licking the frosting out of his ring spider's "armpits" (as he called them.)


Happy Birthday, my sweet Sam!

2 comments:

Shadley said...

Man! I didn't know you could go in the class room on special sharing day! Seriously sometimes I feel like I need a handbook or an invite to the Top Secret Preschool Protocol Club.

emily said...

I just watched the video of Sam and his presents, I didn't realize that video was on there! Did you just put it on!?! I loved it!!!
You're welcome Sam, I love you too sweet Boy!!!!