Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I Knew It Was Coming...

Well, it finally happened. It was really only a matter time. I walked into the living room where I'd laid Max sideways on the lounge chair (he was enclosed on three sides by the back of the chair and the two arms. He'd have to roll about 10 times to fall off!) while I answered the phone, to see Will standing there holding Max in his arms. I couldn't help it. I let out a very loud involuntary gasp. He was like, "What?!" and I ran over and took him from Will. I told him he couldn't just go and pick Max up whenever he wanted without me knowing because he needed to be held in a very special way and if you dropped him, I'd be very mad, and Max would get hurt. He insisted he did not need help, but I assured him he did. I had Will sit down and let him hold Max on his lap - by himself. I told him I just don't want him walking around or standing while holding him, but holding him on your lap by yourself when I've said it's OK is fine. This seemed like a good compromise. Guess we needed to clarify that.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

O the joys of motherhood ;)

Anonymous said...

We knew it. I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now!

Shelly said...

I think he's a VERY caring big brother! I remember leaving Dillon on the couch, just like you left Max, so I could move clothes to the dryer & when I returned Dillon was on the floor in the middle of the room... not hurt, just enjoying the view. Jared was only 2. Lucky we had mega-thick shag carpet. At least Will can understand, 2-yr olds are think babies are toys.

emily said...

wow!! he's such a good brother!! he cares about him so much!! I was wondering when that was going to happen!