Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Update

Yesterday afternoon and today have gone better for my mother-in-law Vicki. She's no longer so anxious and nauseous. They have readjusted her epideral (which is making her numb in just her torso). They think that's what was causing alot of her dizziness and nausea. She has been able to get up and walk several times each day. They started her on some liquids yesterday, and removed the tube in her nose that was draining stuff from her stomach out through her nose. Friday night, Saturday and Saturday night were not so good. She was so anxious and nauseous that she didn't sleep for those first two nights. Various medicines they tried weren't relieving her of her anxiety. Finally they found something that worked and she's been much more comfortable and has been able to rest yesterday and today. They think she'll be in the hospital for 10-14 days. Keep praying!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Praise the Lord Vicki is a little better. If they can just get her meds straightened out sheesh. Continuing to pray. . .

emily said...

I'm praying. Thanks for the update! I'm praying that God's peace would be on her. That even though she is in pain or discomfort that God would give her an unbelievable amount of peace and comfort.

Connie said...

I am praying for wondrous healing and restoration. So much so that the drs. and nurses will be amazed at her rapid recovery and her big comeback!!!

Shelly said...

I love my Mom. These prayers are glorious words of encouragement! I have seen with my own eyes the miracle of human health & the amazing recovery she is enduring. It makes me humble to know so many pray for her & keep her in their thoughts. God is good.