Monday, October 08, 2007

A Little Perspective

I'm frustrated this morning for several reasons. Someone (Sam) drooled something red and sticky on the keyboard so my 'M', 'J' 'K' and 'N' are sticking and making it impossible to type quickly. I can't download pictures from my camera because the USB cord is suddenly not working. But I am not to be deterrred. So I will post something that doesn't require a picture: a story from yesterday. We were in the car (on the way to church, no less) and I was frustrated about something (else) and Damon was telling me to stop taking it out on him, and I was responding ever so much louder that I wasn't (does it sound like an argument? ok... it was) when we heard Sam pipe up from the backseat: "guys, stop fighting!" Then Will: "When you act like that it's like you're the kids, and we're the parents." Whoa. That took the wind out of my sails. It was an instant tension breaker and attitude readjuster. We both just had to laugh. Thanks Will, for giving me a little perspective. Just don't let it go to your head.
Then Sam wanted to know who was the baby. So I said I was and started talking baby talk. He wanted to know who was him too. I think he realized that there were more kids than adults (yes, we're outnumbered) and that it wasn't going to add up right. He takes things very literally.

1 comments:

emily said...

wow! i can hear will saying that! oh and by the way... i NEED pictures of Max...and the other boys too!