Monday, November 13, 2006

Artistic Talent



I wanted to share some of Will's artwork with you. The first is a self-portrait from last year. Isn't it great?! He obviously sees himself as one cool dude! Which of course, he is! I love that you can see where he drew his nose bigger, then erased it and made it smaller! I also love the lips, the glasses, and the hair. I just love the whole thing. This is my all time favorite piece of artwork. The second picture is Will's "Science Book." The details that he puts into things is amazing to me. They put together these books to record some of the things they learned about plants and trees. He made this very elaborate tree as the cover of his book. You probably can't tell, but Will says that each bird has a nest. The bird with a number 1 on it's chest belongs to the nest with one egg ( which is cracked.) The #2 bird has two eggs, etc, etc. In the lower left hand corner there is an ant carrying an apple slice on it's back. The ant is riding on top of a caterpillar. I'm not sure where he gets his artistic talent from!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I know where he got his artistic talent from!!!:) mom

Anonymous said...

So,so cute. My favorite part is the fact that he drew his nosepads from his glasses.

emily said...

I agree that his self portrait is my all time favorite picture! I LOVE IT!