Friday, November 03, 2006

Happy Birthday, Will!


Today our first born is 7 years old! It's hard to believe! He's way excited! We are leaving after school for an art show in Ankeny and are spending the night in a hotel, with a pool, and Will gets to open one present there, then we'll have a family party when we get back on Sunday. He got to pick what kind of happy birthday song he wanted his music teacher to sing to him, and he picked the "rock n'roll" version. She sang to him with her guitar. His classmate, who had a birthday the day before picked "country" so he sang me a very twangy version of the song, because he thought it was so funny. He was too embarrassed to sing me the rock n' roll version! His class made an "I can ..." reader, the other day. It said things like, "I can jump. I can run. I can climb." At the end was a blank page for the kids to right their own "I can" statement. He chose "I can blow." (!!!!) Notice there are very specifically 7 candles on his cake?! He's been ready and waiting for this day, since he had to go through the torture of watching his brother have his birthday 2 weeks ago! Love ya, Will!

4 comments:

emily said...

YEAH! Happy Birthday Will!! I'm glad you have this blog!

Anonymous said...

So, cute. He will look back and laugh at that someday!

Anonymous said...

I love it...I miss you all and this is such a great way to keep me up to date..keep it coming...love you all...Jeannetta

Anonymous said...

I think Will has some artistic abilities... can't imagine where he picked that up at?! :)