Monday, November 13, 2006

Epic Proportions


Ok, so I admit it. I was in a craft-induced coma. Not too hard to do these days, when I have a show coming up this weekend. I had left Sam tucked in on the couch upstairs with a Mickey Mouse video, snuggled up with a blanket and pillow. I heard a noise while I was at my craft table downstairs and started up the stairs, but was stopped at the laundry room door because water was pouring (not just dripping) from the ceiling. My first thought was that the washing machine had exploded. Then I realized that the water must be coming from upstairs. I ran up and discovered that Sam had flooded the kitchen - and I do mean flooded. He'd pushed a chair over to the sink and had used the sprayer on every available surface. Every cupboard, the tops of the microwave, fridge, stove, the chair cushions, the floor and every piece of paper in the kitchen were soaked. Water reached to both doorways, so the carpet was soaked at both entries. He said later that he wanted to clean the kitchen. Well it was certainly a lot cleaner after we were done with all the clean-up 2 hours later! I called Damon in a panic, and he graciously came home from work early to help me. We got out the shop vac and the carpet cleaner to soak up quite a bit of standing water. Sam must have turned the faucet over to the side, so that the water was pouring out directly onto the counter because I don't see how a sprayer could have produced that much water! Water went behind the stove and fridge, and down underneath the peeling linoleum, and in another place through the air return, and down into the laundry room below (which has a drain.) We have fans going, so hopefully we can get it all dried up. Damon asked me if I took any pictures of the mess for my blog and I admitted that I had wanted to, but I didn't want Sam to think that I thought what he'd done was funny. So you all will have to use your imaginations.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Was this after tonsil surgery? That is incredible...I am scared for Guillermo to get older when he is capable of moving around and doing anything:) I love it though...it is just so inocent.
I think using my imagination on this one was fun! I can picture it all.

emily said...

WOW!! Mom told me the story tonight and I have to admit, I laughed HARD! I think I can do that because I'm an aunt and I live in Texas and miss him terribly! I love that you are in the "blog" mindset of always thinking..."I should take a picture of that for my blog!" Welcome to my world!!

Anonymous said...

What a naughty, naughty little boy...and his aunt Laura loves him so much!!!!!Did you take that picture of him after the incident? He looks a little out of sorts. Doesn't he get any brownie points for trying to help you clean???C'mon, mom,you cant be too mad, can you?!?!?!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

This picture was actually taken from awhile ago, but I thought it captured both of our moods from this incident fairly well!