Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dancing with the Stars

Ok, I can't believe that I'm blogging about this, and it has nothing to do with the kids, but it was one of the highlights of my day! Emmit Smith won! If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you've been living under a rock. Can I just say how hard it was to choose my favorite star from the final two?! I was really rooting for them both. I must admit that I was slightly disappointed that Mario Lopez didn't win, but not surprised. Mario was definitely the better dancer physically, but Emmit had the personality and the popularity on his side. For some odd reason, whenever Emmit was out there dancing he'd get these looks on his face that totally reminded me of my dad. It was this goofy kind of smile where you could just tell that he was just enjoying himself and cracking himself up and letting it all hang out there! I guess he reminded me of a big old teddy bear, who you wouldn't expect to have any grace or skill, and then he surprised you. My dad was a big old teddy bear too. Other people thought he looked intimidating until you got to know him!

So who were you all rooting for, and don't pretend you didn't watch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. You are a serious fan. I as well was rooting for Emmitt. All I'm going to say is "Ride sally, ride!" The boys were rooting for Mario. Mommy won. Lily was rooting for everyone as long as the music didn't stop. OK, so maybe I'm a fan as well.

Anonymous said...

I totally get what you are saying about the teddy bear factor and Emmitt (who has 3 girls!) really had great moves, but come on!! Nothing can beat those dimples. Mario was our favorite. Madi and I were fans--bothered by the Wednesday night reveals, Hello! Church night! But it was lots of fun and I totally take my hats off to all of them, that is really hard work.

emily said...

Wow...that's all I have to say. You guys are so addicted. Laura...I can't believe you!
You know mom will have to post a comment on this!

Anonymous said...

You will think I'm a complete moron... I seriously didn't know what you were talking about. I thought "dancing with the stars" was a beautiful title to a song or something deep you were going to share. I don't watch much tv. Obviously.