Friday, December 29, 2006

Homemade Gifts are the Best!

Will made us some precious Christmas presents at school. My first tip that he was making us something came before Christmas when I was sitting at the table filling in dates on my new 2007 calendar. Will noticed and seemed a little put out. He asked if I still needed one for my fridge, so I caught on and I told him oh yeah, you can never have too many. Sure enough this was our present:



It came wrapped in this:



This was our card:

The outside says, "You are really special to me." and the inside says, "Because you care about me. I love you, From Will"

Will made Sam a present too! It was a book he made about a gingerbread boy. It has flaps to open to find out where the gingerbread boy is hiding. I didn't take a picture of it because Will brown-markered the cover nearly to death. But it's really cute. He insisted on giving us our presents first before he and Sam opened any of their other presents! He really wanted Sam to sit with him and let him read the whole story to him, but Sam didn't appreciate the homemade gift as much as we did, especially when presents were waiting! Here's the card Will made for Sam:

On the outside it says, "You are nice. You are fun. You are a good brother." On the inside it says, "You are the right brother for me. From Will P.S. Please don't kick me or hit me." On the other side: "Merry Christmas!" Isn't that the perfect holiday message?! You know- peace, goodwill toward men and all that jazz?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These gifts truely are the best! How sweet is that card to Sam. Definately one to hang on to.

Anonymous said...

I love the P.S. on Sam's card. Classic brother moment