Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Star Wars Club


Will and some of his school friends are starting The Star Wars Club. It was his friend Quentin's idea. Quentin suggested that since it was his idea, everyone should give him ten bucks! Will wisely suggested that they do some kind of test instead of trivia questions, "since who is going to have ten bucks?!" At bedtime Will asked me if he could bring 50 cents with him tomorrow. When I asked him why, he said he wanted to give each of his two friends a quarter just for being his friend. We agreed that he'd make them something instead, like a picture. I told him that they weren't going to want his money, that they like him because he's such a cool kid. It made me kind of sad, although he wasn't really paying anyone to be his friend, that's what it made me think of!

Throughout the night tonight Will kept whining about wanting to play Lego Star Wars 2, and we kept repeatedly telling him no. To distract him and make him laugh I started "hypnotizing" him. I swung my finger back and forth in front of his eyes and said, "You're getting very sleepy. When I snap my fingers, you'll wake up and you won't remember anything about Lego Star Wars. You won't even know that it ever existed!" Of course he thought this was really funny, and proceeded to "hypnotize" me. Here's what he came up with: "Mom, you're getting very sleepy. When you wake up, you won't remember that Dancing With the Stars ever existed." I about died laughing! He and I both know that I'm about as likely to forget about Dancing with the Stars as he is to forget about Lego Star Wars. This kid is so funny! I love him so much! We went on to "hypnotize" each other about all kinds of silly things.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...our kids know us quite well, don't they. Hmmmm...I might try the hypnosis thing at home, its worth a shot. Ha, ha.