Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Hope you all have had a great weekend. We've had two Christmases so far, and a third one on Saturday with Damon's family! On Christmas eve, we celebrated with my side of the family. By far, the hit of the day were the nerf dart shooters that the 4 boy cousins each received from the Berends grandparents. At first we weren't too sure, because those babies shoot out wicked fast! But that's what the protective eye wear and the shield are for, and besides it toughens a guy up! I must have told kids several times, "just shake it off!" when they'd come a whinin'! "Santa" added to the fun by getting each boy a refill pack of darts that come in a mesh bag that you clip to your pants. Imagine 120 plus darts lodged in all the nooks and crannies of your house! It was sweet. The boys had fun shooting and dodging, and later the girls (me, my two sisters and my mom) took over and had own fight. It was great becuase we just sat around the living room shooting each other and some of the boys were content to gather ammo for us and replenish our supplies, so there was no running around involved! You just had to take your shots like a woman! We were undeterred by the red welts and stung lips. No body part was off limits! We were all laughing so hard that several of us had to change our pants, if you know what I mean, and I'm not afraid to admit that I was one of them! In the video, Joe, Emily, Jack and Don are duking it out. Don is using a home-made PVC marshmallow shooter that you blow into! I found out the hard way that this leaves the foam darts a bit moist, when I went to go gather some up! The fun thing about the darts is that they are velcro on the end so they stick to your clothing, and the shield. Don was wearing a fleece pullover that was the perfect dart magnet! Yes, at the end of the video I sustain a hit directly to the forehead! I highly recommend this toy for lots of laughs, stress release, and to solve your issues with your family members! We may be purchasing 2 additional guns for our house in the very near future, so that the 4 of us can have our own good old fashion family fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Grandma and Grandpa! That looks like lots of fun. Glad that you had a "memorable" Christmas, even if you had to change your pants....

Anonymous said...

Question-How'd it go with Sam & Santa? Was he over the moon happy on Christmas morning? Did he enjoy pretending? (I mean you already told him the truth!)

THE BROWN BOYS said...

We told him that night and the next morning that Santa came, and some of the presents were addressed "from Santa" but he didn't seem to interested, like he didn't believe us. When people ask him the typical after Christmas question, "Did Santa come to your house?" He says no. I figured out that I think he was actually planning on laying eyes on Santa himself, and since he didn't see him, he must not have come. So I guess I can't win!