Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Today is a New Day!

I woke up first this morning and walked past Sam's closed door. I thought he was still asleep but I heard him say to himself, "Today is a new day!" I wish you could have all heard him, it was SO CUTE, the way he said it slowly and with such conviction. I know that this stems from the pep talks we've been having with him at bedtime to stay in his bed until morning time, and not get up in the middle of the night. I tell him if you wake up, just roll over and go back to sleep. Don't get out of bed until it's a new day. But for the life of me it sounded like he was doing his daily affirmations or something! Maybe he just needed a little positive self talk. It was so cute and made my heart melt, I just had to go right in and love on him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get up with that attitude.

Anonymous said...

He is very sweet. Isn't it cool what we can learn from our kids :)
This IS a new day, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Anonymous said...

He is very sweet. Isn't it cool what we can learn from our kids :)
This IS a new day, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

emily said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE him!!! precious